Here at LGSS Law Ltd we are committed to developing and fostering graduates through our comprehensive training contract to allow our Trainee Solicitors to realise their full potential and gain hands on experience in a busy and diverse law firm.
Our Trainee Solicitors work directly with senior lawyers across our various areas of practices on complex matters. We offer a hands-on and varied experience where you will build a thorough understanding of both the firm’s business and working with our clients. Teamwork is at the foundation of everything we do at LGSS Law and you can expect to be an active member of a busy team, and play a real part in doing challenging legal work.
Our two year, full time training contract is divided into four seats, each on a six month rotation to ensure our Trainees receive invaluable experience and support within the following practice areas:
- Children’s Social Care
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Education
- Contracts and Procurement
- Health and Adult Social Care
- Planning and Highways
- Commercial Property
While classic “seat” allocations bring a practice area focus to each six-month phase of your training, the versatility and integration of our legal teams will ensure you have a varied workload and regular exposure to diverse learning experiences.
We are looking for future Trainees who can demonstrate excellent communication skills and teamwork, who are adaptable and ambitious with a thriving ambition to succeed.
Pay and Benefits
You can expect to receive a salary of:
1st year salary: £24,000 per annum
2nd year salary: £25,000 per annum
Qualification salary: £37,000 per annum
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – to give our employees a balanced work / life ratio we offer flexible hours.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 23 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
- Minimum 2:2 Qualifying Degree in Law or other degree
- If relevant, successfully completed the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) (passing first time)
- Successful completion of the Legal Practice Course (LPC) (passing first time)
- Prior paralegal experience would be an advantage, but is not essential
Trainees must have completed their Legal Practice Course (passing first time) ahead of commencing the training contract in September and any offer will be subject to this requirement. The firm does not provide retrospective funding for law school fees.
Please note that for our 2021 intake of trainee solicitors, we are recruiting internally.