Location – Northampton
Contract Type – Full Time / Permanent
Starting Salary – £50,000
- To provide legal advice and services to client organisations in in the areas of Children’s social care including care proceedings, adoption and other litigation to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- To provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients including elected members and senior officers, managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- To lead, direct, develop and improve the service to client organisations, predominately in the area of children’s social care to ensure the provision an excellent standard of client care and value for money.
- To manage the activities of the team to include performance, caseloads and productivity, motivation and development, recruitment and selection and appraisals.
- To supervise other members of the team in a line management capacity. To provide overall management of the teams complex and politically sensitive case load to ensure the provision of high quality, well researched and comprehensive legal advice within the timescales required by the client.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 26 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: 09.10.2020 @ 17.00pm
Interviews for this role will take place on 23.10.2020