Location – Huntingdon, Shefford or Northampton
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Salary – £37,359 – £45,035
- Provide legal advice and services to client organisations in a wide range of civil litigation matters, including prosecutions and civil actions, judicial review and employment matters and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of client organisations.
- Provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients (including elected members and senior officers), managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the Councils’ Committees and Directorates as directed.
- Attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!