Location – Huntingdon, Shefford or Northampton
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Salary – £37,359 – £45,035
- To work as part of a team in the provision of a professional legal service to a range of public sector and not for profit clients regarding SEN and education, ensuring awareness of and compliance with legal duties within client organisations and protecting their best interests.
- To manage a case load of complex cases, comprising of mainly SEN Tribunal cases, with minimum supervision.
- To undertake advocacy in case management hearings and final hearings in their first tier SEND Tribunal and to instruct counsel as appropriate.
- To ensure the effective identification and awareness of risks associated with the relevant areas of legal practice.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!