Location – Northampton (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Lawyer Starting Salary – £37,000 DOE
Senior Lawyer Starting Salary – £43,500 DOE
- To act as a legal advisor to the client organisations in relation to their Children’s Social Care functions and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Advise upon and conduct proceedings relating to the care and protection of children and young people to secure the proper course of action and balanced and favourable judgements.
- Advise upon other matters relating to children’s social care as required by the client organisation.
- To provide legal advise and support services to clients, to liaise with clients and other witnesses and to advise on the appropriate course of action in both civil and criminal proceedings.
Please note: to be considered for a Senior Lawyer position at LGSS Law you must have at least 10 years PQE.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30 July 2021 @ midday
Interviews for this role will week commencing 9 August 2021
Number of vacancies for the role: 1