Location – Northampton (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours), Permanent
Starting Salary – £25,000 DOE
• To assist a team of Lawyers in the provision of a professional legal service to a range of public sector and not for profit clients regarding their social care functions, ensuring awareness of and compliance with legal duties within client organisations and protecting their best interests.
• To manage a case load comprising mainly of children’s social care matters and private law Children Act matters.
• To provide support to Lawyers in the preparation of cases in courts and tribunals, mainly relating to children’s social care.
• To ensure the effective identification and awareness of risks associated with the relevant areas of legal practice.
.• To provide support to Lawyers and act as a point of contract on a variety of cases, to include taking instructions and giving advice, carrying out research, preparing applications, drafting documents and correspondence, commissioning and instructing expert witnesses, liaising with witnesses, attending meetings and providing advice and representation in courts or tribunals.
- LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 24 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 25th June @ midday
Proposed Interview date: w/c 5th July 2021
Number of vacancies for the role: 3
For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit our website www.lgsslaw.co.uk/careers.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a supporting covering letter and a CV is submitted.