Location – Northampton (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) Permanent
Starting Salary – £37,000
Number of vacant posts: 1
- To act as a legal advisor to client organisations in relation to commercial, contracts, procurement, trading and corporate law to ensure compliance with statutory duties, obligations and to protect the best legal interests of the client organisations to the highest standard.
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on all aspects relating to legal projects involving multiple agencies and client interests, including the third sector and charitable organisations.
- Act as a source of legal and procedural advice and support to any of the client Committees and or Directorates to ensure that a strong corporate governance culture is achieved and when necessary to cover the absence of colleagues.
- Conduct and manage a wide ranging caseload of both straightforward and complex legal and advice work.
- To deputise for the Principal Lawyer in his/her absence and assist in management and supervision of the Commercial Team as required.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts of things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family friendly policies, including excellent maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 23.10.2020 @ 17:00 hrs
Interviews for this role will take place on: WC 26.10.2020