Location – Northampton/Shefford/Huntingdon (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours), Permanent
Starting Salary – £25,000 DOE
- To assist a team of Lawyers and act as a point of contract on a variety of cases, to include but not limited to, taking instructions and giving advice, carrying out research, preparing applications, drafting documents and correspondence, commissioning and instructing expert witnesses, liaising with witnesses, attending meetings and providing advice and representation in courts or tribunals.
- To manage a case load comprising mainly SEN Tribunal cases and to clerk school admission and exclusion appeals, ensuring awareness of safeguarding responsibilities, compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interest of the client organisations.
- To ensure the effective identification and awareness of risks associated with the relevant areas of legal practice.
- Develop and provide legal input into training courses, briefing notes and legal clinic/surgeries for a range of professional clients. Where required, assist Lawyers with the provision of training to clients in specialist areas of law.
- Provide cover and support, including in times of absence, to other Paralegals based within the wider Adult Social Care & Litigation Service.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 24 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 2nd July 2021@ midday
Interviews: w/c 5th July
For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit our website www.lgsslaw.co.uk/careers.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a supporting covering letter and a CV is submitted.
Number of Vacancies: 2