Location – Huntingdon, Northampton or Shefford
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Salary – £41,745 – £50,019 DOE
- Provide legal advice and services to client organisations in adult social care matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients (including elected members and senior officers), managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- Attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
- Instruct and manage suppliers of external legal services such as solicitors and barristers in accordance with the requirements of each client.
- Lead, direct, develop and improve the service to client organisations, predominately in the area of adult social care, to ensure the provision of an excellent standard of client care and value for money.
- Develop and provide legal input into training courses, briefing notes and legal clinic/surgeries for a range of professional clients including to reduce the directorates need for legal services and to increase their self-sufficiency.
- Manage the activities of the team to include performance, caseloads and productivity, motivation and development, recruitment and selection and appraisals.
- Supervise other members of the team in a line management capacity. To provide overall management of the teams complex and politically sensitive case load to ensure the provision of high quality, well researched and comprehensive legal advice within the timescales required by the client.
- Contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!