Location – Huntingdon
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Salary – £42,162 – £51,024 DOE
- To lead and manage a team of Lawyers providing innovative and pragmatic legal advice to a range of public sector bodies regarding their children’s social care functions.
- To manage a legal caseload including highly complex and politically sensitive issues predominatly, in the areas of Children’s Social Care including care proceedings, adoption and other litigation and advice in connection with children and young people’s social services.
- To provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients including elected members and senior officers, managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- To attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to also instruct and manage suppliers of external legal services such as Solicitors and Barristers.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to email@example.com