Location – Northampton (with travel to other offices as required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / 12-month FTC
Salary – £42,126 – £51,024 DOE
1. To provide legal advice and services to a single client organisation on freedom of information, GDPR and data protection matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisation.
2. To undertake the role of Data Protection Officer for a single client organisation.
3. To advise on the client’s organisational policies and procedures and advise on any improvements or amendments required.
4. To supervise members of the client’s FOI and Information Management team in a line management capacity.
5. To provide legal advice and support to the client’s Committees and Directorates as directed.
6. To provide legal input, develop and deliver training courses for a range of professional clients to increase awareness of relevant legal issues and to improve their self-sufficiency.
7. To contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required.
8. To ensure the effective identification and management of risks associated with the relevant areas
of legal practice.
9. To ensure that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of the team, including compliance with health and safety policy and procedures.
10. To carry out other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of the job description and which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 13 January 2020 at 17:00 hrs