Location – Huntingdon
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Starting salary from: £50,0000 per annum (with increments dependent on performance)
We are looking for a Principal Lawyer (Planning), on a 12 month fixed term contract, to cover Maternity Leave.
- To lead a team of Lawyers providing innovative and pragmatic legal advice to a range of public sector clients, predominantly in respect of planning matters generally and other areas of legal practice where necessary.
- Provide legal advice and services to client organisations in planning, development and highways matters and other corporate or constitution and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the clients Council’s Committees and Directorates and directed.
- Attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 26 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org