Location – Shefford
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours) / Permanent
Salary – £41,745 – £50,019 DOE
- Provide legal advice and services to client organisations in the areas of commercial property matter and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients (including elected members and senior officers), managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the client Council’s Committees and Directorates as directed.
- To represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in commercial property matters.
- Lead, direct, develop and improve the service to client organisations, predominately in the area of commercial property, to ensure the provision of an excellent standard of client care and value for money.
- Develop and provide legal input into training courses, briefing notes and legal clinic/ surgeries for a rage of professional clients including reduce the directorates need for legal services and to increase their self-sufficiency.
- Manage the activities of the team to include performance, caseloads and productivity, motivation and development, recruitment and selection and appraisals.
- Supervise other members of the team in a line management capacity. To provide overall management of the teams complex and politically sensitive case load to ensure the provision of high quality, well researched and comprehensive legal advice within timescales required by the client.
- Contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working. To give everyone a balanced work/ life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!