Location – Huntingdon (although travel to other offices may be required)
Contract Type – Full Time (37 hours), Permanent
Senior Lawyer Starting Salary – £43,500
To be considered for a Senior Lawyer position at LGSS Law you should be a qualified Lawyer with 10+ PQE.
- To be a lead within the team taking responsibility for the more complex and difficult cases and providing guidance and support to other members of the team.
- To contribute to the management of the team, deputising for the Principal Lawyer / Head of Service as and when required, attending management meetings.
- To have specific management responsibilities to supervise and mentor other members of the team in a line management capacity.
- To act as a legal advisor to the client organisations in relation to their Children’s social care functions and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Advise upon and conduct proceedings relating to the care and protection of children and young people to secure the proper course of action and balanced and favourable judgements.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts of things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family friendly policies, including excellent maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9 April 2021 @ midday
Interviews for this role will take place W/C 19 April 2021
Number of vacancies for the role: 2