Debbie has been with LGSS Law since the creation of the LGSS shared service in 2010 (having transferred from Northamptonshire County Council where she had worked since 2006). Apart from a short stint in a criminal law practice Debbie has spent all of her legal career working in local government and has worked her way up from Paralegal to the Interim Executive Director during this time.
A Highways and Planning lawyer by background Debbie really enjoys undertaking fee earning work and particularly dealing with unusual legal queries, planning inquiries and the drafting of highways and planning agreements. She also undertakes mineral and waste work advising clients on all aspects in this area. She also undertakes mineral and waste work advising clients on all aspects in this area.
Her move from fee earning to management saw Debbie appointed as Head of Property and Planning in 2010. In May 2018 Debbie was appointed as the Interim Executive Director of LGSS Law following a change in management. In May 2018 Debbie was appointed as the Interim Executive Director of LGSS Law, taking on the permanent role in October 2019, and she now leads a diverse team of qualified legal professionals and business support staff.
Memberships and Interests
- Debbie has a keen interest in local government law in general and has been involved in a wide variety of work during her time including a large number of Development Consent Orders, HS2, coroner’s enquiries and large planning inquiries
- Debbie is experienced in advising on planning and highways matters as well as governance work
Areas of practice
- Planning enquiries
- Highways enquiries
- Waste Planning enquiries
- Planning and Highways Legal Agreements
- Planning Inquiries
- Development Consent Orders
- Stopping Up’s
- Rights of Way
- Town and Village Greens
- Committee Work
- Local government Governance