Our Team is able to use their expertise in understanding the “ real” child protection landscape , including parameters of good practice, Social Work demands and Budgetary restraints.
Apart from the day-day legal advice, our Lawyers have extensive experience in conducting Advocacy in all tiers of the Courts enabling continuity and consistency of service to be delivered. We have Lawyers with Higher Rights of audience who can deal with complex cases in Court.
We are key contributors to the workings of the Local Family Justice Boards that our Clients serve, ensuring that we maintain regular and good dialogue with the local Judiciary and other Partner Stakeholders involved in child protection.
We provide advice and assistance on:-
- Legal Planning Meetings (LPMs)
- Threshold and Resources Panels
- Pre-proceedings Public Law Outline matters (PLO)
- S.31 Children Act 1989 Care proceedings
- Freestanding placement/ adoption advice and applications
- Revocation of Placement Orders
- Contact with looked after children
- Secure Accommodation applications
- Local Family Justice Board (LFJB) meetings and LFJB sub-groups including Performance sub-group.
- General Court liaison and Court meetings/ local protocols
- Advice to Adoption Agency
- Advice regarding Fostering children
- Private law including Special Guardianship applications, S. 7 and S. 37 Children Act 1989 reports
- Public Interest Immunity matters.
- General advice regarding Parental Responsibility and Schools
- LADO procedures
- General advice in relation to children in need and looked after children
- High Court applications for authority to deprive a child of their liberty
- Advice / reports in relation to Serious Case Review
- Review and creation of department policies and procedures
- Approval and assistance with the drafting of reports to Council and Committee meetings
- Advice to Members
- Response to Judicial Review applications and Pre-Action Protocol in relation to children matters
- Specialised training to Social Workers regarding all areas of Public Law