Our Civil litigators have a wealth of experience on advising clients both pre and post claim in civil matters.
We offer support in a wide variety of areas including:-
- Applications for Judicial Review
- Contract and procurement disputes
- Housing and homelessness matters
- Injunction applications
- Personal injury/insurance claims
- Debt recovery
- Representation and support in coroner inquests
- Contractual disputes
Our criminal litigators represent organisations in all court matters. We are able to advise on processes of investigation (including RIPA and interviews under PACE) and pre-charge advice as well as representation in proceedings.
We have experienced in a number of criminal prosecutions including:-
- Trading Standards prosecutions
- Highway enforcement
- Planning enforcement
- Fraud prosecutions
- Health and safety at work prosecutions
- Prosecution for other regulatory breaches
Our employment fee earners are able to provide support and assistance on all aspects of employment law and assist in finding an acceptable solution to any issue in the most efficient and timely way.
We have experience of providing advice on:-
- Representation in employment tribunals and appeals
- Advice on Tupe transfers
- Advice on employment contracts and statements of terms (both on individual matters or large scale changes)
- Advice on policy amendments and changes required due to new legislation
- Advice on discrimination, whistleblowing, grievances and disciplinary matters
- Advice on engagement with trade unions including consultation, collective bargaining and union activity.
Our specialist team of lawyers have in-depth knowledge of education matters.
We can provide legal advice on a wide variety of areas including:-
- Representation to schools converting to academies
- Advice and assistance with school admission appeals (including clerking appeals)
- Advice on admissions, attendance, exclusions, child protection, duty of care, safety and security of pupils.
Special Educational Needs
We have a highly skilled team of lawyers specialising in Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal cases. We advise and represent local authorities in appeals and we advise schools in respect of disability discrimination claims. Our lawyers have a wealth of experience in identifying needs, provision, and placement issues and work closely with SEN officers, educational psychologists, and other specialist witnesses. We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach with parents, for whom the tribunal process can be very stressful. We get to know our client and their schools and colleges very quickly and are able to tailor our service to our client’s needs.
We represent councils in appeals relating to:-
- Refusal to assess
- Refusal to issue
- Parts B, F and I of an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Judicial review
- Advice in all aspects of SEN law, including pre-school and post 16 support and provision